BarCamp Leeds is the city’s first ‘unconference’, a event where the folks that attend create the programme of sessions themselves. And it takes place tomorrow at 9.30 at the BBC’s old regional HQ, now owned by Leeds Met.
GREEN is one of several sponsors involved in the event which is an open, participatory, democratic series of ‘workshop’ at which the organisers and sponsors simply provide wireless broadband, a venue, beverages and food! The attendees provide the content - and the buzz :-). But due respect to Imran Ali for pulling it together.
We’re anticipating sessions on social media, blogging, 3D printing, Augmented Reality interfaces, mobile technology trends, Drupal, games design, co-creation, PR in the digital age, an SEO clinic as well as talks from the founders of BT Bizbox, Plusnet and eDocr.
There’ll also be a great opportunity to network - we’re hoping our Nintendo Wiis will break the ice and Leeds Met’s Old Broadcasting House will provide a fun and inspiring venue.
Come and demo, talk, share or just hang out! Topics that might be tackled tomorrow include:
- Intelligent human-computer interfaces and their possibilities - Reinhold Behringer
- rom start-up to £67m in 10 years - passing on the wisdom and hopefully not the pain) - Lee Strafford
- From startup to £45m in 8 years (Learn from my mistakes) or Launching BT BizBox a small business CRM solution in 5 weeks - Dean Sadler
- SEO Site Clinic - - Dominic Hodgson and Others
- Ladybank Company of Distillers - building a real co-creation business through the internet - Ian Green
- Unleashing social media and technology for the good of local communities - Stuart Bruce
- From Zero to Game in 30 Minutes - Tom Scott
- From a Mobile Telephone to a Computer - a Reality Dysfunction Ian Hay
- Why Wikis suck for post production environment? Capturing the essence of document interactivity - a paradigm shift Manoj Ranaweera - reference
- Drupal - Isriya Paireepairit
- Conquering Time and Space - A survivors guide to distributed dev team management - Ian Pringle
- ePaper? ShmePaper! - (how almost buying an ebook reader made me realise how cool the technology of books is) - 5m40s micropresentation, Guy Dickinson
- LiveCoding: Introduction to Ruby & TextMate - Caius Durling
- How technology can drive regeneration in Northern Cities - Inventya, Valerie De Leonibus
- One of three talks that you can choose from now, Paul Robinson
- Dude! Where’s my hash? - a frank look at OS X after jumping from Windows and my experiences of the past 6 months - Dan Hardiker
- Mind over Matter - How to take control of your state of mind, and of others - Dan Hardiker
- Feed Mailer - (A little demo of Feed Mailer and a round up of the upcoming features) - John Slater & Chris Richardson (This is not 100% confirmed)