A big thank you to everyone who attended and who presented and many thanks for our sponsors Sponsors which included Screen Yorkshire, Yorkshire Forward, National Media Museum, Panoetic, Frogtrade, Shipley College , BMedia, GREEN Communications, University of Bradford and Challenge CLC.
People travelled to Bradford from across the north with delegates arriving from
However, a flavour of the talks is listed here.
- Google's hidden gems by John McLear - Primary Technology and Welcome3's MD exposes some of googles hidden gems including Android, CSE, Analytics, SSO, Adwords & Adsense.
- Twitter for Business - the dos and donts of Twitter and how it can make or damage a brand's reputation – Thomas Atcheson
- How a small local team of individuals are trying to find new ways of bringing social history to life - and aiming to change attitudes to open data along the way. (Jon Eland
- Rethinking the Presentation - how to not kill people with Powerpoint. - Ian Smith
- iPhone Application Development - Things I've learned from making my Zombies game - Matt West
- Setting up an ecommerce business & use of social media, blogs, Twitter, Facebook... - Chris Wildman
- A Decade of WebDesign - Tracking trends in design - Monica Tailor
- Retro Gaming - A session, round-table, discussion, demos of retro games and retro tech - Mohsin Ali & Pawel Dubiel
- The 'Civic App Store' - Round-table around OpenCities, OpenData, Cities as Operating Systems, Streets as Platforms, Unique AR useage & Mobile apps for cities - Mohsin Ali
- Version Control - An introduction to how we use it to develop large CMS projects - Panoetic
- Legal Challenges of Web 2.0 - Will cover such issues as ownership of copyright and other intellectual property in user generated content, liability for user generated content, privacy, dispute resolution and much more - Jane Lambert
- Internet marketing workshop - want more website visitors? Conversion/sales/downloads? Reputation? Round table IM problem solving with John Allsopp
- Drupal For Good - presentation on how Gentlehost are using Drupal for Social Change, then it's over to you for discussing ways in which Drupal can be used for good - Alice Kærast
- How to sell yourself better at interview - we've interviewed somewhere in the region of 50-60 developers this year, and only hired two. What we've learned in this process - Adam Hepton
- User experience in .net magazine December 2009 - a response on a couple of articles in the latest issue: interview with Brian Kalma from Zappos, and article by Craig Grannell on 'Master user experience design' - Keith Doyle (Usability Analyst)
- Making a Game! - A presentation on the process of game making and the various markets. (Simon Barratt - hoping he'll be able to get by just working from his bullet points!)
- Get rich with Free Software - Free Software, what it is, how it works and how you can get fat rich with it. John Leach
Some other facts about the day:
- More than 300 cakes were consumed at breakfast - baked by my daughter Mercedes
- 240 cups of tea and coffee were served
- 50 pizzas and countless chips were consumed at lunch
- 1,000 tweets were posted to Twitter at the last time of counting
- 200 bottles of water were drunk
- 59 bloggers wrote about the event before it happened and more are emerging as I write.
- 40 Twitpics were published and a Flickr account has also been set up
- Beers where drunk at the end of the day but no-one kept count
Will we do it again? You bet yah!